Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Goodbye 2015 and Hello 2016!

2015 has come and gone and it's been a great year. I wasn't sure what 2015 would be like, but it started off with me missing the new year's countdown because I was in the bathroom.   It's a running joke that at the last minute, I am always in the bathroom or wander off at the wrong time.

Here's what I did this year:
  1. DIY - I enjoyed crafting for the sake of making beautiful things.  Without the pressure of documenting and blogging, I could really be in the moment and enjoy myself.  
  2. DIY Home - 2015 was all about painting, organizing, and purging.   I am very happy with our progress - even though it seems never ending.  My favourite projects this year were all related to organization:  a large hall console, a locker system to help keep the kids organized, a DIY media console/wall to wall bookcase, and a newly painted room dedicated for my sewing projects. 
  3. Somewhat Regular Exercise - This is the year that I actually committed to working out 2 days a week.  For many months, it was more than 2 days.  However, my goal was 2 days to keep it realistic. 
  4. Volunteering - I applied/received a position as a voting member for my city's public art committee.  It's allowed me to be with like-minded individuals who wish to see that their public spaces include art.  I also volunteered at school for special events.
  5. Career/Education - While I was pondering my next steps, I was mindful to be true to myself.  If it didn't feel right, was it because of fear or because it wasn't right for me?  I took a career course, did online training in Photoshop and designed our Christmas cards. 
  6. Family - This year we went on vacation with my extended family.  There's nothing better than seeing my boys grow up with their cousins.
2015 ended with me almost missing the countdown again.  However, this time, hubby made sure that we stuck together and we ended the year with the countdown and a kiss.  I think 2016 is going to be a great year!

Note:  If you're thinking this post is a little late, you're right!  That's because we just "took down Christmas" and I wasn't able think about 2016 with 2015 all over my house. 

All the best for a fantastic 2016!

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment