Friday, October 16, 2015

The Summer of "Yes"

As I sit here in my living room with the fireplace on, I can no longer avoid the fact that summer is indeed gone. While I love hot chocolate and cozy flannel pjs, I also loved this past summer. This was the first summer that I didn't have to rush home so the kids could nap. This was the summer where both kids were open to doing new things. So while I sewed when I had to, most of my time was spent outdoors letting them have fun and to be curious. It truly was the summer of "yes" vs "no".   Do we want to go swimming?  Yes!  Should we go to the Science Centre?  Yes!  Should we go downtown again?  Yes!   In honour of this summer, should I write an overdue post about summer?  Yes!

We stalked Pachi at almost every Pan Am event we could go to.  Little guy was obsessed... he didn't even watch the torch relay.  We saw a table tennis game and went to numerous events but in the end, it was still all about Pachi.


So proud of our city and loved that there were free concerts.


We made our mark on one of many public art installations.


It wasn't all Pan Am though...  we spent a lot of time at the beach and had our first camping trip (no pics of camping since my phone died).


We baked.


We ate prety much whatever we wanted.


We took the train downtown so we could see the balloon drop at CBC kids day.


It wasn't a summer without some classes... they were in swim, tennis, soccer, and art.


They got a taste of what it would be like to fly.  Of course Pachi had to come.


Sigh... it was such a good summer.   

Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment