Friday, October 30, 2015

DIY: Non-Food Treats and Outdoor Decor


In 2015, it is pretty much a given that kids are not allowed to share treats with their friends at school. It's just the way it is. It's funny how when I was a kid, I would have been so happy to get a pencil or new eraser.  However, my kids would love to share and receive a treat with their pals.  This year, I went to my local Halloween store and picked up some spider rings and "eye" balls and packed it up (similar to last year's Halloween non-food treat).

I like to keep it simple and I try to pick items that can fit into a tiny bag.  Then I work on the graphics.  This year I found a skeleton Mickey and since Teo is a skeleton for Halloween, it worked.


Once that's done, it's time to put it together.


Then this is usually when I think of engaging small hands to help out.


Done!


So simple but hopefully helps to capture the fun and spirit of Halloween.

Outside our home, we have done some decorating as well. We are big fans of Halloween "Hands".

 
 

We brought back the scary face (previously known as the girl from the ring).


Last but not least, we "made" a little boy out of old clothes and boots belonging to Teo. 


Wishing you all a safe and happy Halloween!
Follow on Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment