Thursday, June 25, 2015

Tutorial: DIY Gift Card Holder


It's the last day of school and this year, we have 4 teacher gifts to purchase.  Due to poor planning on my part, there was no time for DIY so I went the gift card route.  I went to Michael's and bought 4 gift cards.  I was surprised when the cashier told me that they don't supply little envelopes.  Considering they are an arts & crafts supply store, I would have expected more than just a piece of plastic. 


I thought about glueing the Michael's card to the thank you cards but the kids already wrote all over the cards and there was no more space.  So, I decided to make my own envelopes by using this C7 template.  It was really easy to do and here's how:

Print the template onto a blank sheet of paper and cut it out.


Then find some card stock or any kind of paper you have available.  I re-purposed some large security envelopes from the bank. 


Trace the template onto your paper.  It helps to fold the paper in half so you can cut out 2 gift card holders at once.


Here's what they look like before you fold them.


Fold and then glue the middle flaps and bottom flap.


Test out your card.


The envelope is a little larger than the gift card because I wanted to include my own personalized notes to our teachers.  If you want a smaller card, just print the template at 85%.

Seal it shut with a sticker and it's done! 


Wishing everyone a summer full of fun and exploration!


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Win a $1000 Best Buy Gift Card!
    If you like to shop at Best Buy this is the one for you. Here we find an offer where you can get a FREE $1,000 Best Buy gift card. Imagine what could you buy with $1,000 at Best Buy :)
    Click here to claim your $1,000 Best Buy Gift Card
    If you are US residents, simply click on the link that we have provided for you. Join and participate. This great $1,000 Best Buy gift card could be yours!
    Click Here To Win

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can get your K-cup occasional brewer from Keurig's official web site or at any superstore (i.e. Wal-Mart) or at the other third party websites or retailers. Check the comparison websites and Amazon for the most effective deals out there.If you want to read more about Honor box routes then please click here to continue.

    ReplyDelete