Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Toaster Oven Challenge: Cake Mix Cake



So today was pantry cleaning day and I had a box of cake mix that we purchased at some point.  In the spirit of continuing my toaster oven challenge, I decided to use it.

Originally, bunny and I were going to make mini cupcakes since the trays fit in my toaster oven.


Seemed like a good idea.  We followed the box instructions and filled the wells up high.  Then we followed the box instructions for baking but added an additional 10 minutes of cooking time.


They looked so cute but it was so hard to pop them out so we ate them right out of the baking pan. 


Since we weren't too successful with the mini cupcakes, we used the remaining batter in a standard 9" cake pan. 


Not a pretty looking cake but a little icing sugar and some berries will do wonders in making this a prettier cake.  

Verdict?  Stick to my tried and true recipes like my chocolate bundt cake.  If these mini cupcakes were for school, I'd be scrambling to make something else.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Got my toaster oven from Amazon about two weeks ago an it has worked great. I am so satisfied with the purchase that I want to share the discount that I received off of my Toaster Oven from Amazon: http://amzn.to/ZKoBte - They have many to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They looked so cute but it was so hard to pop them out so we ate them right out of the baking pan. -
    Toaster Oven Chicken Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes we have to face a lot of confusion when we found different opinion of different hundreds of articles related to same question. But I think now I am close to resolve my doubts after reading this blog. Cake boxes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this blog and I guess you did a lot of hard work and research. I appreciate you for such a good job.
    I would like to tell you about my work and my company. My company is all about Custom Boxes UK packaging at wholesale rates with fast and free shipping. Cake Boxes is one of the spectacular box product and have a high demand all over the world. So you can buy all kinds of Cake Boxes with the latest discounts and free shipping. Visit Custom Boxes UK for more details.
    For Custom Cake Boxes visit Cake Boxes...

    ReplyDelete

  5. The Best compound bow for hunting technology works in conjunction with the existing Shockwaves Dampening System, effectively reducing limb vibration, too. Furthermore, the Redemption EKO offers impressive specs – making it the perfect choice for the treestand, ground blind, or spot-and-stalk Best compound bow for beginners.

    ReplyDelete