Thursday, February 23, 2012

Toddler Backpack: Dump Truck for Shannon


I love making toddler backpacks.  This one is for Shannon's son.  She originally wanted to buy him a choo choo train backpack but decided on the dump truck design. I wish I could've been a fly on the wall when she gave this to her little boy.   She sent me a note afterwards which really made my day. Her son loves it and will only take it off long enough to put more stuff into it. Awww!!!! Now that's what I like to hear :o)

This past summer, I had made a backpack for little J (blogged about it here).  The face of the backpack is the same but the details are different.  Shannon chose to use dark brown as her accent colour instead of white.   Hence, the piping, zipper, side pocket trim, and strap webbing are dark brown.  Also, this one is a true toddler backpack sized for little bodies.

I'm making a new backpack this week and will post pictures once I have them ready.  I've also been "told" by Joshie that I need to make him a "mean T Rex" backpack so he can bring it with him on his first day of school.


I create and sell toddler backpacks through my Josh & Teo ETSY Shop.  However, if you know how to sew and would like to tackle this project, visit Made by Rae's website to purchase a PDF copy of the pattern.  

Happy Sewing!

3 comments:

  1. What’s not to like here…it’s denim, has piping and a cool appliqué…lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this informative. Click here for Best research about kraft boxes in the UK for best branding".

    ReplyDelete