Thursday, February 02, 2012

Recipe: Valentine's Day Jell-o Jigglers

When I used to live with my sister CT, we used to throw a lot of parties in our little home.  One of our favourite things to serve were jello shots.   We made all kinds of shapes:  hearts, stars, circles, flowers and made them in all kinds of flavours:  cherry, grape, blueberry, lime, lemon...

Now that we are older and wiser (haha), we make these for the kids (alcohol free of course!)

Here's what you need:
1 pkg Jello
1 flexible ice cube tray
1/2 cup boiling water
1/4 cup cold water
Pam cooking spray

I used a flexible ice cube tray from Ikea and cherry flavoured jell-o (le yum!)



Spray Pam cooking spray into your mould.   Make sure you blot the tray and remove any excess cooking spray.  You just need enough so that it doesn't stick. 

Combine 1/2 cup of boiling water with jell-o.  Stir until the crystals have melted.
Next add 1/4 cup of cold water and stir.

Pour into your tray and let it set for approx 2 hours.  

 Turn out and enjoy!

Happy eating!





Tip Junkie handmade projects

4 comments:

  1. This is brilliant! What a cool idea! I hope I haven’t thrown my IKEA heart shaped ice trays. I was going to make a big jelly “cake” but I might make those instead, for my daughter’s birthday party at the weekend. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you still have your trays too! I had thrown out most of my trays once my "partay" days were over but kept the heart shaped one. If you do make some for your daughter's birthday, please post some pictures! I would love to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved making them, my daughter and husband loved eating them, and they looked nice on the Birthday party table. Will not forget the oil spray next time . I am pinning them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you loved making them! I tried them again but this time, I added some frozen whipped cream. It turns the jigglers into a more solid colour. The kids will love them either way - they like it when I experiment because they get to eat the results! I am on Pinterest too http://pinterest.com/joshandteo

    ReplyDelete