Monday, September 12, 2011

Toddler Backpack: Little J's Dump Truck Backpack

Here it is!  Little J's Backpack is finally done and shipped down south.
I love making these backpacks.  Again, I used a pattern from Made by Rae.  I modified the pattern a bit as little J's mom wanted a bigger pack.  He is going to preschool and the school wants the kids to have backpacks that will fit an 8.5" x 11" folder.   Hopefully the school doesn't expect a pre-schooler to carry a lot in their packs.  Their little bodies are still growing!!



Here is the front view



The side view














Large side pocket














Back View














I modified the pattern slightly:  1) slightly larger straps and 2) backpack connectors instead of D rings.  



Quilted bottom



Lined with hippo fabric and includes an inner pocket.
I included a small velcro tab. 











Couldn't resist putting Cheeky Monkey's spiderman book in the pocket.  


Memo to me:  Must make another one for Cheeky Monkey







Time to take a break and watch some TV!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the link! I love the back pack! I would love to add it to the list...Please let me know if it is OK to use a single photo with a link to your post!



    Best regards

    Irina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irina - that would be wonderful! Have a great day, Jenny

    ReplyDelete